Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Bake
1 pound pasta; cooked al dente
10 slices of bacon; cooked and chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 Tbs minced garlic
2 cups chicken broth
15 oz. pumpkin puree
1 cup light cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1. preheat oven to 375oF. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. cook onion until translucent add garlic until soft
3. Add chicken broth, pumpkin, bacon, Italian seasoning and bring to boil. Lower heat and let simmer until the sauce thickens
4. Cover cooked pasta with sauce and stir to blend.
5. Transfer to baking dish, top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in preheated oven until bubbling and brown. About 30 minutes.
We paired the pumpkin pasta with a 2015 Ammunition Wines Badgerhound Zinfandel.