Peanut Butter Pasta
1 lb pasta (I like rigatoni)
three cloves garlic
2 pieces chicken breast, cubed and cooked
1 can chicken stock (low salt)
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 cup milk
1 cup chunky peanut butter
Cook pasta according to package directions.
– Sauté garlic in oil in a non-stick pan.
– After garlic browns. Add about 1 cup chicken stock (low salt). Careful of splatters. Add slowly and cover with a lid.
– While chicken stock starts to simmers, with lid removed, add ground ginger, cinnamon, and a few table spoons soy sauce. Stir in to dissolve.
– After simmering about 10 minutes, add about 1 cup milk. Continue to simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
– Add from 1 cup peanut butter. I like chunky, but not required. Whisk into the sauce.
– Continue to cook and thicken sauce about 5 minutes to heat through. If it gets too thick, add more chicken stock. If not thick enough, add a tablespoon peanut butter at a time.
Once the right consistency, add the cooked pasta into the pan and toss to coat. You can add broccoli to give it some color and vegetables, but that is not necessary.
Serve immediately otherwise it gets too thick.
This dinner was prepared in honor of Open That Bottle Night (#OTBN) and was paired with 2013 Nostre Pais by Michel Gassier.