Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Author: Jen Nikolaus
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. pepper
⅔ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (or and 1⅓ cup light brown sugar)
1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
bacon, with pieces cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously spray a broiling pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, pour in Truvia Brown Sugar (or brown sugar).
- Roll chicken pieces in chili powder mixture.
- Next, secure a piece of bacon around the chicken using a toothpick.
- Now roll in the brown sugar until well covered.
- Place on the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you like bacon crispier, place under broiler for a few minutes until bacon is brown and crispy.