Prep Time: Over two hours
Cooking Time: 1 hour
6 Tbs. butter
8 Tbs. flour
16 oz. milk (room temperature)
5 1/2 Tbs. bread crumbs
4 oz. Sopressata chopped
1 small bunch cilantro chopped
2 scallions chopped
salt and pepper for seasoning
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the milk very slowly until you have a very thick sauce. (about 5-8 minutes.) Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Stir in the breadcrumbs, sopressata, cilantro and scallions. Place in the fridge to chill for at least three hours.
flour, beaten eggs, and panko bread crumbs for coating
1. Shape the chilled mixture into two-bite sized balls. Place flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. Coat each ball in the flour, then the egg, and finally with a layer of breadcrumbs.
2. Add oil into a deep pot and get extremely hot.
3. Deep fry the croquetas in batches until golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil.